Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Prayer of Pope Saint Pius X to St. Joseph

Prayer of Pope Saint Pius X to St. Joseph (Patron of Workers)

O glorious St. Joseph, model of all who are devoted to labour, obtain for me the grace:

To work in a spirit of penance, for the expiation of my many sins;

To work conscientiously, putting the call of duty above my inclinations;

To work with gratitude and joy, considering it an honour to employ and develop by means of labour, the gifts received from God;

To work with order, peace, moderation, and patience, never shrinking from weariness and trials;

To work, above all, with purity of intention, and with detachment from self, having ever before my eyes the hour of death and the account I must give of time poorly spent, talents unused, good omitted, and vain complacency in success.

All for Jesus, all through Mary; all after thy example, O Patriarch Joseph; such shall be my watchword in life and in death. Amen.

No comments: